Gun Violations in Norfolk
Let Our Attorneys Fight for Your Future
Under the U.S. Constitution, Americans have the right to bear arms. However, Virginia laws outline who can legally own a firearm, and the penalties that can be imposed for gun violations. The type of gun, whether it is alleged to have been used in the commission of a crime, and a range of other factors impact the right to own a gun.
At Delpierre and DiCorrado, PLC , we proudly serve the accused and arrested in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, and the Eastern Shore. Contact us online to schedule your consultation.
She took pride in her workSarah B.
Norfolk Gun Crimes
The list of fun violations under Virginia law includes but is not limited to:
- Carrying a loaded gun in a public area
- Possession or use of a sawed-off shotgun
- Carrying a concealed handgun without a permit
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Convicted drug offender in possession of a firearm
- Carrying a weapon into a courthouse
- Possession of a weapon on school property
- Possession of a gun for those under protective orders
- Property crimes involving gun possession
- Carrying a weapon into a place of religious worship
- Shooting from a vehicle
Charged with a Gun Crime?
If you are accused of any weapons offense in Virginia, you may be facing very severe penalties. You may be charged with either a misdemeanor or a felony and face spending months or years in prison. If you are accused of carrying a loaded gun in a public area, you will be charged with a class 1 misdemeanor, with a penalty of up to 12 months in jail.
Felony Gun Offenses
If a gun was used in the commission of a crime, whether manslaughter, a “gang crime,” kidnapping, assault, robbery, extortion or threats, or other violent crime, you will be facing felony charges, and if convicted, could spend years in state prison. Once released, you will have a felony on your criminal record, with a lifetime impact on your ability to work and earn a living. If you are accused of a gun violation, you need the protection of a criminal attorney that will fight for every advantage legally possible.
A Well-Crafted, Vigorous Defense: Delpierre and DiCorrado, PLC
The outcome of a gun violation charge is affected by the quality of your defense. At Delpierre and DiCorrado, PLC , we take a collaborative team approach, with multiple attorneys working on your case, or appearing for you in court. We are dedicated, talented, and vigorously pursue the most positive outcome. We believe you deserve the support of a law firm that is available, responsive, and will go the distance to help you through this frightening and dangerous time.
Call (757) 255-7898 today for a case consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- We Fight Vigorously to Achieve the Best Possible Outcome
- We Are Easy to Communicate with & Readily Accessible
- A Collaborative Team Approach with Multiple Attorneys